Custom Rich-Text Page
From the October 5th, 2015 Meeting @ Buckboard
Meeting was called to order at 7:07
Present was board members: Dan Daggy, Bob Godbold, Dave and Sarah Hastings Others present: Naomie Reed, Art Ring Jr, Christy Slater, Jim Moore, Brenden Hilliard, Walt Gregg, Ron Baker, Rons wife, Scott Giles and Di Doucette
- Dan reported that the brushing is about 50% done.
- Dan said that he has met our new Parks guy from Cadillac, Scott Slavin
- Dan reported that we had a good turnout at the September 17th Northwest meeting that we hosted at the Depot in Reed City.
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT
· Bob said that he hasn’t checked on the vacant property near his house on Roaring Brook Drive and Maple Lane.
· Bob reported that he and Shorty picked up and dropped off 4 big loads of wood for the fire pit in Reed City and they expected to get two more loads tomorrow.
- Bob Godbold moved and Art Ring seconded that the secretary’s report from September be accepted as presented. MOTION CARRIED.
- TREASURER’S REPORT
- Bob Godbold moved, Dave Hastings seconded that the treasurer’s report from September be accepted as presented. MOTION CARRIED.
- A motion was made at the September meeting that Dan should check on the price of a gooseneck drag that Bruce Woods has, Dan reported that he has not had time to do that.
- Sarah reported that J.E. Reijer has made a suggestion that we offer two prizes for recruiting the most members. One for “Commercial Memberships” as well as one for “Single/Family memberships. Bob made a motion that we accept that suggestion and have the club give $45 for each prize, a total of $90. Scott Giles seconded. MOTION CARRIED. That amount was derived as it would buy a trail sticker the following year, we could offer either a certificate for a trail sticker or cash. E. has also offered to donate a gift certificate for each prize as well.
- Jim Moore made a motion that Dan be our Proxy at the MSA convention this year, Scott Giles seconded. MOTION CARRIED. – Sarah will get Dan a letter to take with him.
- Next club meeting will be on Monday, November 2nd at 7 pm at Copper Top Pub, 7470 Northland Drive in Stanwood.
- SAW meeting at 10 am on October 13th at BJ’s Restaurant in Gaylord.
- Northwest Michigan Council elections meeting on October 15th at 7 pm- 8809 M115. Cadillac-Cadillac Winter Warriors
- Groomer Workshop held at 10 am October 24th at Bakers College in Lake City-BRING A UNWRAPPED TOY FOR TOYS FOR TOTS.
- Our elections meeting will be December 12th at 1:00 pm at Lakeside Motorsports—Lunch will be provide.
COMMENTS/ADDITIONS TO AGENDA/CLUB EVENTS.
At the September meeting Don Tyler said he would check with someone he knows (CPA) to do our taxes for less. Don was absent at the October meeting, however Sarah suggested getting Quicken to record expenses and that perhaps might lower our tax preparation bill. She needs to find out if that is true.
At last meeting Don Tyler said we should check out how much our phone/fax would cost thru Charter Communications. Sarah reported that she called them but needs to do more research on them for service and reliability. Also needs to find out how much for a 2nd line for faxing. They will pay up to $500 to break contract with AT&T.
Scott Giles moved that the meeting be adjourned –So carried at 8:07.
Submitted by: Sarah Hastings, Secretary/Treasurer, PMSC, Inc.